MEGA-LEARNING: HOW TO MASTER THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
. Determine the knowledge and skills you must learn to achieve your vision and purpose.
. Describe the relationship between your ability to learn and your belief in your ability to learn.
. Realize learning is a systematic, step-by-step process that requires time, patience, daily study, and application.
. Describe the concept of Mega-Learning and list the four steps involved in the process
. Understand the relationship between knowledge and creativity.
. List and describe the four step process of creativity.
In this Session you will be introduced to a powerful learning system called Mega-Learning. This eas 16516k1018q y to understand and use system of learning will enable you to master the knowledge and skills critical to the achievement of your vision and purpose.
By understanding and applying the Mega-Learning system, you will have the confidence and ability to master any new subject matter or skill-irregardless of the complexity and difficulty of the information to be learned. The new knowledge and skills you acquire through Mega-Learning will serve as building blocks for increased creativity.
In this session you will also learn how to channel your new knowledge and skills into creative energy that will help you achieve your vision and purpose with excellence.
Ready to learn how to learn? Move along to the Practice section.
1. Review your Practice and Progress Checks for each of the preceding sessions.
1. Listen to audio Session IX "Mega-Learning: How to Master the Knowledge and Skills You Need to Achieve Your Goals."
2. As you listen to the narrator explain how to determine the knowledge and skills you need to master, list the four recommended methods below.
3. Refer to Diagram 9.1 below as an example of a Visual Network Plan for learning.
VISUAL NETWORK PLAN FOR LEARNING
Macro-Objective: become a neurologist.
(Refer to Diagram 7.6 for a Visual Network Plan for becoming a neurologist)
Micro-Objective: Graduate in pre-medicine in 4 years with a minimum 3.5 grade point average.
Level 2 Undergraduate Core Courses to Complete
Duration: Each Activity Box= 1Quarter or 3 Months
4. As the narrator describes how to overcome the barriers to learning complex material, describe the relationship betweens self-belief and your ability to learn new knowledge and skills.
5. While you listen to the narrator describe the Mega-Learning system, list each of the system's four steps.
6. After the narrator discusses learning and creativity, write a brief summary describing the relationship between knowledge and creativity.
7. Listen to the narrator describe the four step process of creativity and list each step in the space provided below.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
The Four Step Mega-Learning System
STEP ONE: Recognize your need to learn the new knowledge or skill. "It is a pre-requisite to the achievement of my purpose and vision. Without it, I cannot achieve what I want. With it, I can."
STEP TWO: Relate the learning to the achievement of your goal. How will it help you achieve your purpose and vision?
STEP THREE: Relate the principles of what you are learning to you own experience. Translate "X's" and "Y's" into apples and oranges-the abstract into concrete things and images drawn from your own experience.
STEP FOUR: Make permanent what you learn through experimentation and application. Immediately find a practical use for your new knowledge or skill and then apply it repeatedly in real life situations.
· Learning is not memorizing facts. It is understanding new principles and applying them in your day-to-day activities.
· Ninety percent of learning is your belief in your ability to learn. You can learn anything you believe you can learn.
· Learning new knowledge and skills requires time, patience, and day-to-day study, application and experimentation.
· Most people confuse their inability to learn certain subject matter with aptitude rather than attitude and application.
· Successful learning of new knowledge and skills breeds confidence in your ability to tackle and learn more new knowledge and skills.
· Knowledge and skill seasoned with experience is the fuel of creativity.
1. Without looking back at your notes, list and describe each of the four steps of the Mega-Learning system.
2. Develop a Visual Network Plan for the major knowledge and skills you need to master in order to achieve your goals. Refer to session VII and Practice exercise four in this Session.
3. Schedule your time to complete Session X.